Mary Jo Schneller, Ph.D., C.Psy., L.C.P.C.
Dr. Mary Jo Schneller is the Founder and Director of South County Christian Counseling and House of Restoration Lay Counseling Centers in St. Louis, MO. She has developed a lay counseling program and has trained twenty-five lay counselors to help meet the needs within Twin Rivers Worship Ctn. She has a Master's of Arts degree in Clinical Christian Counseling, and has earned two Doctorate’s in Christian Psychology from Pillsbury College and Seminary, St. Louis, MO.
In 1992 she started her own private counseling practice and continues until this day. Her offices are located in Twin Rivers Worship Center and Bethalto Church of God located in IL. Dr. Schneller is currently writing a manual on “How to Develop a Lay Counseling Ministry in your Church”, and a training manual for deliverance and inner healing. She is also the author of “Healing Addictions, a Journey To Whoelness.”
Out of the lay counseling there are seven ongoing recovery groups
- Hope After the Choice-post abortive
- Freedom – Recovery group for sexual trauma and gender issues
- 12-Step; A Spiritual Journey – for all addictions and compulsive behaviors
- Picking Up The Pieces – Grief recovery
- Divorce Care
- Why Weight- Nutritional Counseling group
- Al-anon – Recovery group for co-addicts
- Empty Arms – Support group for parents who have lost children due to miscarriages.
Dr. Schneller acted as a regional director for National Information Network, in the states of Missouri and Illinois, providing training to law enforcement and public service groups on cult, occult, and deviant groups. She has been involved in research and intervention for over fifteen years in the area of occult, cult involvement nation wide. Her approach to therapy combines Biblical principles with proven therapeutic techniques.
THE GOALS OF THE ST. LOUIS PENIEL TREATMENT CENTER